Last year I inadvertently created a wildly successful tourism video for the province of Newfoundland. My viral vacation video, which currently has over 525,000 views on Facebook, was more successful than most official Newfoundland and Labrador videos. Here is that video again, if you have not seen it:
Since that video went out, I’ve wanted to create something similar for Collingwood and the Blue mountains. I want to show off what an amazing place this is, in the same fun, sharable way. To me, the success of that original video was not a fluke and can be recreated. I even wrote a case study about that which you can check out here: http://bfresh.media/2016/10/25/newfoundland-in-ten-days-a-viral-success/
Now instead of trying to pitch this to a government entity or individual client, I’d rather just go out and create it myself. That’s because I prefer to maintain full creative control to ensure maximum success. Not to mention, the original video gave great exposure to all the other businesses that we featured and that was a huge part of what made it successful - featuring others.
So that’s it, it’s settled. We are making a Winter Tourism Video for Collingwood and The Blue Mountains, set to shoot in January 2018.
We will be filming in early to mid January over a period of 3-4 days. Our on camera “tourists” will be from out of town and chosen through a social media contest in which entries can win an all expenses paid vacation to Collingwood and The Blue Mountains. This is to generate excitement before the video has even begun.
We Need Your Help To Make This Video
What I am looking for is sponsorship because I understand that a price tag of $8-10 thousand may not be realistic for most local businesses or even the tourism offices but that is how much this would cost to make. Instead, what I’m suggesting is that we pool our resources and funds, that’s how this video is going to get made. If we want to feature the best that this area has to offer, we are going to to need support from those who want to be in it, so here is what we are looking for:
- A Title sponsor - A title sponsor is just that, your brand right in the title of the video as “Presented by...” Plus we will feature your business and brand with great coverage in the video. This is to help cover some of our expenses - Note that if we receive multiple offers, we will choose to work with the best fit for the project and look for a sponsor that can help connect us to other businesses on our wishlist.
- Transportation Sponsor - We will be driving to pick up our tourists within a 200km radius of Collingwood and then taking them all around town to show them the sights. A transportation sponsor would receive a “transportation provided by” credit with logo plus we would be sure to feature plenty of shots of your vehicle branding. This could be any business from auto dealership to Real Estate office that has a wrapped vehicle and want’s to really show it off.
- A Hotel/accommodation sponsor - We will be bringing “tourists” from out of town as part of the adventure and they will need a place to stay for 3 or 4 nights. This is one of the most important sponsorship categories and we will be eternally grateful (and it will show in the video!).
- Recreational Sponsors - There are so many fun things to do, places to go and experience and you could be one of them. Yes this is a Winter video, but we are looking for all kinds of activities both indoor and outdoor. To be featured as a recreational sponsor we just need 3 free passes. We just need access to film and we will show off your business. We are looking for anything to do, indoor, outdoor, from Skiing, to rock climbing, to a spa, live music and anything inbetween.
- Restaurant Sponsors - This area has so many great places to eat. There is no shortage of amazing dining experiences and we want to show them off. All we need from a restaurant or bar is some food and or drinks to be featured. Whatever you are able to provide, we will be looking for breakfast, lunch, dinner and maybe a few stops for just some appetizers, or coffee and snacks. Again, any establishment willing to pitch in will get great coverage plus a tag in the Facebook post.
Just think how awesome this will be. Your business featured in a tourism video and you don't have to pay thousands of dollars for it! We know that a big part of what makes our area worth visiting is the people who make it great and that is what most tourism videos are missing, YOU!